Free Pattern: Saint Patrick's Day Shamrock



I set out to make a small shamrock to wear as a pin, but, using materials at hand, ended up with one that is 5" x 5", perfect to use as a coaster for a St. Patty's Day beverage.  Click here for the PDF.


Using smaller needles and a lighter weight yarn, I'm certain that this pattern should work to make a shamrock that's just the right size for wearing as a pin.  Adding some beads or sequins would dress up this item.  


(I set out for Cottage Yarn on Saturday to purchase green yarn to use with size 4 needles (to make a smaller shamrock), but became distracted and came home with the items shown below instead.  Oh, well.  Maybe my error was consciously made.  I now have another reason for a trip to the yarn shop.)

I plan to make the capelet show on the
cover of the book. 



Comments

Popular Posts