Wednesday Works in Progress

     I've intended for some time to post pictures of my knitted items at various stages of completion every Wednesday as part of "Works in Progress Wednesdays" (an idea dreamed up by blogger Tami of Tami's Amis).  My blog posting never seems to fit into any sort of specific-day-of-the-week schedule, though, and I haven't wanted to start a routine I won't follow regularly.  Since today is Wednesday, though, and I'm bogged down at work and not particularly inspired to write much, I'm going to share some pictures of the things I’m making—both simple and challenging.  
 
I'm making this Louisa Harding shrug, named Beauty, from her Three Graces
book.  I cast this on last week.
 
I've made some progress on this work, and am about halfway to its completion
 as of this  morning.  Louisa Harding always designs interesting, pretty lace
 patterns that keep me engaged. 


     Knitting projects, for me, fall into two categories:  mindless TV items and challenge pieces.  At any given time, I have at least a couple of each of these types of projects on my needles.  Mindless, close-your-eyes knitting is perfect for Downton Abbey viewing sessions, and more complicated lace projects are suitable for early-morning, coffee-fueled times of clarity and focused concentration.
I'm making "A Sensible Shawl" from Jane Austen Knits Fall 2012.  You can see some projects using this pattern on Ravelry.  This project is very easy--great to do when tired or when watching television or busy talking to friends.


 
I ordered this book last fall from Vogue Knitting. I'm finding that it is a very handy tool for designing knitwear. It includes
graph paper, places for notes, and some useful charts and other resources at the back of the book.
Now if I only can find the time to finish all of the projects I've outlined.


 
I started designing this hat this morning, after I'd awoken at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. 
 
 
I did complete the project these notes outline a couple of weeks ago.


This is the back of a Mock Cable Tunic I'm making using
Noro yarn.  Click here to see a picture of the finished garment from
last fall's Noro magazine. 

 

This isn't technically a work in progress, as I finished this cowl last week.  I used the yarn shown on the model's cowl, but different lighting and editing created a big variation in the blue of garment of the one on Louisa Harding's brochure. 


Comments

  1. What wonderful WsIP! You always have exciting things on your needles! Glad to know that you too are busy with yarn in the small hours, not that I wish you sleepless nights! I always like to have a combination of simple and complicated on my hook at any one time - caters for all occasions! E x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts